Support with recruiting people who have additional needs and/or a disability
Complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch.
Access to work
Access to Work can support you to:
* hire disabled people with the skills you need
* retain an employee who develops a disability or long term condition (keeping their valuable skills and saving both time and money recruiting a replacement)
* show that you value and will support your employees by having good employment policies and practices
ACAS provides clear advice on how to support disabled people at work, including:
* Talking about disability at work
* How an employer should support disabled people
* Managing a disability that gets worse over time
* Disability-related absence
* Capability and performance when someone is disabled
Become Disability Confident
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
The scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people, and:
* draw from the widest possible pool of talent
* secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
* improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
Jobcentre Plus Disability Employment Advisers can support you to
remove any concerns you have around recruiting individuals who have additional needs and/or a disability.
For more information contact your local Jobcentre plus for more support
Employing people with a learning disability
With the right support, and if placed in a suitable role, people with a learning disability can perform exceptionally well.
Many people with a learning disability are fit to work, can do a job well, and can be just as productive at work as anyone else.
People with a learning disability can also be loyal and dedicated employees, reducing your staff turnover - and having them on the team can help to improve staff morale.