Connexions Opportunities Bulletin 7 May 2021
June Open Event 2021
We’re excited to welcome you back to our campuses for our June Open Event 2021!
BOOKING OPENS 4 MAY 2021
We will be hosting our first in-person open event in 2021 across three evenings in June, giving you the opportunity to visit departments, meet the course tutors and see our amazing facilities.
Despite the government road map which is leading the country to open up from 21 June, the College takes the safety of our staff and visitors extremely seriously. With this in mind, each evening will be dedicated to a different campus, with a select number of limited, pre-bookable tickets available.
TUESDAY 22 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – FREEMEN’S PARK CAMPUS
- Hair and Beauty
- Hospitality and Catering
WEDNESDAY 23 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – ST MARGARET’S CAMPUS
- Accountancy, Law and Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
- Art, Design and Graphics
- Fashion and Footwear
- Photography and Video
THURSDAY 24 JUNE 2021, 4 PM – 8 PM – ABBEY PARK CAMPUS
- Business and Travel and Tourism
- Health and Social Care
- Motor Vehicle
- Performing Arts
- Uniformed Public Services
The areas below are working on an appointment-only basis during the Open Evening at Abbey Park Campus:
- Access to HE
- GCSEs for Adults
- Skills for Life
- Skills for Work
- Teacher Education
In addition, members of our Apprenticeships team will be on-site in the relevant subject areas, to discuss opportunities and book appointments.
Training Provider updates
Get Started with Music and Film
Eligibility: Aged 15-24? Not in education, employment or training?
Taster day: 1st June
Programme dates: 7 - 11 June
Location: Microsoft Teams
- A 5 day programme to learn and develop music-writing skills
- Learn about the music and film industry – music technology/home studio recording
- Learn how to use professional editing software lead by industry experts
- Build up confidence, motivation and communication
- Up to 3 months progression support if wanted
For more information please contact Rachel Barry on 07971088053 or email at email@example.com
JM Excellence in Training - Sports Coach Traineeships
JM specialise in Traineeships within Sports Coaching and have live vacancies in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire.
We are currently working in partnership with an industry leading employer who is looking for the next generation of Sports Coaches to work within schools co-ordinating after school clubs and weekend sports camps.
- Eligibility - 16-24 and not currently in employment - no prior attainment higher than a L3
- Combination of online delivery and work placement – typical programme length is 12 weeks.
- All employers have live vacancies and Apprenticeships available.
- Financial support
- Sector specific training
For more information please contact:
- Christopher Johnson
- Partnership Manager • JM Excellence in Training
- Mobile: 07951015036 Phone: 01516091193
- email: Christopher@jmet.org.uk
Useful links and information
Skills For Care - Virtual Event
The wonderful world of Nursing in Social Care
Wednesday 19 May - 10:00–12:30
This event will explore the wide ranging roles and opportunities that a career in adult social care can offer.
We’re delighted that our keynote speaker is Deborah Sturdy, Chief Nurse for Adult Social Care in England. We’ll also hear from a range of other speakers including registered nurses and student nurses. There will be an opportunity to ask all of our speakers a question in our Q&A session during the event.
Who should attend? – Please feel free to share the invitation with people in your network from the below group:
- providers of adult social care
- higher education institutions
- student nurses
- registered nurses
- those interested in the nursing associate role or nurse training.
Why should I attend?
This event will give you a better understanding of:
- the wide range of career opportunities within adult social care
- the trainee nursing associate programme and the nurse apprenticeships programmes and how they can benefit both students and care providers
- the benefits of offering placements to trainee nursing associates, nurse apprentices and nursing students
- how we’ll ensure that the nursing curriculum accurately reflects working within adult social care.
Eyres Monsell Young Carers group
It is due to start back up on 25/05/2021. This group is aimed for young carers aged 11 to 18 living in the Eyres Monsell area of Leicester city.
The group will run on alternate Tuesdays between the hours of 5.30pm and 7.30pm with transportation to and from the group with a collection start time of 5pm. The activities provided will include arts and crafts, cooking, outdoor activities, trips, and a safe and confidential environment where the young people can socialise with others who understand. There will also be potential for residential trips once government guidelines permit.
For more information, please contact Gemma Key (Youth Worker) on 07767774508 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week's top opportunity is...
Opportunity: Apprentice Sales Advisor
Employer: New Look Retail Group Limited
Location: Beaumont Leys
Closing date: 04th Jun 2021
Weekly Wage: £161.25
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Sales Advisor with New Look, you will work with your Management team to implement the ultimate shopping experience for our customers, ensuring they are given the top level of service. You will inspire our customers look good and can express themselves with the latest fashion. You will achieve by being an ambassador for brand on the shop floor.
Main duties to include:
- Greet customers who enter the store
- Answer queries and handle customer complaints, sending them to management if necessary
- Deal with customer refunds
- Receive, process, and organise deliveries
- Process cash and card payments
- Assist customers with their needs
- Ensure your workspace remains clean
- Put up signage relating to exclusive offers and discounts
- Keep an eye out for shoplifters and stolen credit cards
- Ensure the shelves are stocked
- Every single person makes New Look the incredible place it is, and together we’re unstoppable. You are someone who expresses your style your way with an eye for the latest trends who champions our customers to express their own unique style.
- You will be passionate about service and your own development, seeking out innovative ways to improve your own performance with tailor made development plans from our Online Academy training and support from your Store Manager
- Understand the importance in customer service
- Strong work effort
- Working as a team
- Level 1 standard of learning or equivalent
Temporary, Part time
Closing Date: Not specified
About the role
The customers’ journey needs to be flawless, from the minute they step through the door to the moment they leave. Their experience is at the heart of everything we do and this comes down to one simple thing. You! Do you reckon you know the shoe dictionary inside out? Can you distinguish between what's hot and what's not? Do you have the natural ability to engage with customers? Then you are in the right place. We love people who strive to be the best, thriving in a passionate, fast-pace and busy environment. You'll be the voice of our brand, delivering a unique shopping experience for each and every one of our fabulous customers.
About the location
Our store in Leicester is located in the bustling Highcross Shopping Centre - a shopper's paradise! We have a huge range of brands to suit all tastes including Nike, Converse, Vans and many more. Whether you're a lover of trainers or looking for the perfect pair of heels, you're sure to find something here at schuh. We also offer a great selection of kids shoes so your little ones can be on trend with you too!
Frankie and Benny's
Hourly pay: Competitive
With a passion for great food and great service, our front of house team members know the menu inside and out, and more importantly know how to deliver exceptional experiences that our guests love.
What makes a great Team Member?
- Make it Magic: You provide warm welcomes and a friendly service that exceeds our guest's expectations and keeps them coming back for more.
- Keep it Fresh: You generate ways to attract new guests, improve our offering and generate additional sales.
- Be Sharp: You're an expert on all things policy, process and specs, making sure the restaurant that is guest ready at all times.
- Own it: You show off your menu knowledge by making recommendations and upselling additional products where appropriate.
- Do it Together: You're fun to be around and easy to work with, always helping a colleague in need.
What you'll receive...
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Team incentives
- 3% pension contribution
- Participation in our annual Share Save Scheme
- 33% discount across all of The Restaurant Group brands
- Access to our online discounts portal with savings to be had at 1000's of retailers
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meal on shift
- Great training programmes that set you up for success
- Plenty of career progression opportunities
Contract: Fixed term
Closing date: Unspecified
Wage: 9.50 per hour
It feels brilliant to be part of a business that does things its own way and achieves fantastic results while doing so.
That’s how you’ll feel as a Stock Assistant with Aldi.
It’s a really fast paced environment, so there’s certainly no risk of getting bored. And everyone here understands exactly what needs to happen to make their store a success – and gets on with doing it. But the team is fairly small, so if you’re not contributing it will soon show.
Time will fly by as you work hard to keep stock losses to a minimum, help out with inventory counting, check off deliveries and ensure the shelves are fully stocked with attractive, well presented products. And, of course, you’ll provide excellent customer service at all times by attending to customer needs in a prompt and friendly way.
Opportunity: Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship
Employer: IBM SERVICES CENTRE UK LIMITED
Location: LE1 6TF
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Annual Wage: £18,000.00
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will undertake a range of assessments at the end of your academic modules. Create a portfolio which will capture the knowledge and skills you will develop throughout the programme and in the workplace.
You will also complete a final year work-based project which will bring together your accumulated knowledge. The portfolio and project will contribute towards your End Point Assessment for the apprentice standard. Design, build and test high quality software solutions to meet business needs.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative
- A Level or equivalent IT, Maths, Science or Engineering (Grade B+) Essential
Opportunity: Estate Agents - Customer Service Apprenticeship
Employer: Horton Lettings Ltd
Location: New Walk
Closing date: 05 May 2021
Weekly Wage: £172.00
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working in an exciting and fast paced working environment as part of our support team. You will be the first point of contact for people calling to book viewings of properties we are selling and handling general enquiries. We aim to provide a highly efficient and positive experience for every caller, and you will be a vital part of delivering that experience.
Customer Service Apprentice duties and responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- To answer high levels of incoming calls, follow call handling scripts and allocate calls to the correct team/person.
- To take detailed notes on each call to ensure other teams can quickly resolve enquiries.
- To follow administration processes to keep records of each call.
- Booking in viewings
- Liaising with vendors
- Responding to vendor and client enquiries
Desired skills and personal qualities
- You must have confident telephone manner.
- Must be driven and motivated and keen to progress a long-term career in the property industry.
- Must have strong IT and written communication skills.
- You will reliable and be of smart appearance as this is an office-based role.
- Due to the nature of this role, we are ideally looking for applications from candidates with Grades C/4 or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.