Connexions Opportunities Bulletin, 4th March 2021
Training Provider updates
Leicester Tigers HITZ Programme
HITZ is premiership rugby is award-winning education and employability programme which works with over 2000 young people across England every year. HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people back in education employment or training (NEET).
They offer a 15 week traineeship in a relaxed environment targeted at 16 to 18-year-olds to improve their functional skills in maths and English, gain accredited qualifications alongside valuable work experience and develop life skills from work placements and employer-lead sessions. Working towards essential qualifications and meaningful work experience, students are given unique opportunities to develop themselves to a point where they are ready to gain employment or return to further education.
The course will start on the week commencing Monday 8 March. All sessions will be delivered at the stadium and will run from 9.30am – 2.30pm.
Adhering to COVID-19 restrictions, they are still able to offer the best parts of their provision, meaning that students will be able to take part in daily practical sessions, whilst working towards their accredited qualifications in Sport & Active Leisure (BTEC Level 1 – additional qualifications may be available once this had been completed).
For more info or to be referred on to the course please contact Connexions on 0116 454 1770.
Quorn Football Academy
New Football Education Academy due to open at Quorn Football Club in September 2021.
We are proud of the facility and opportunities that we will be affording learners as they leave GCSE Studies and hopefully taking the next steps to becoming a professional footballer, coach or working in football as a sport.
We have partnered with Heart of England Training – To provide a BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development Level 3 or A BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development Level 3 On-Site.
Information on both these qualifications can be found on this website link :- Football Education Programmes | Heart Of England Training (hoet.co.uk).
Learners can also view our launch statement on this website link :- Launch Of Quorn Football Education Academy (pitchero.com)
What we will be offering at Quorn Football Club from September 2021 is :-
- Access to a Brand New 4G Pitch and Football Stadium
- High Quality Education Provided By Heart of England Training
- Access to Gym Equipment
- Classroom with Physiotherapy Facilities
- UEFA Licenced Coaching
- A progression into 1st Team Football (Quorn 1st Team who play at Step 5 in The National Football Pyramid)
- Work Experience with Professional Football Clubs
- Possible Apprenticeship in Coaching with Partner Primary School Sport Provider
- Overseas Opportunities to Train and Play in The USA/Scandinavia
- Regular Football – Wednesday Afternoon League/FA Youth Cup
- Enrichment Opportunities looking at First Aid Qualifications/Match Official Qualification/Nutrition/Mental Health and Fitness.
- Visits to St Georges Park – Burton Upon Trent
- Individual Learning Plans For Personal Sport Development
- On-Site Meals
- Shuttle Bus from Loughborough/Barrow Train Station
If you require more information or students/their parents are interested to know more – Please contact Darren Kay on 07891512346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask the Experts Events
- Date: Thu 04 Mar - Mon 31 May 2021
- Time: Various - see below
- Location: Online
Take it from an expert… they know best!
Their experience in industry and advice could help you towards achieving your dream job. Over the next few months, we’ll be joined by different experts who can give you the real insight into their day-to-day work schedules, the highs and lows of their job, salary and how to be successful in their industry. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask them questions about their roles and more!
Find out more at https://leicestercollege.ac.uk
Useful links and information
Free three week course 'How to Succeed at: Writing Applications'
FututreLearn are offering a 3-week course for 3 hours per week, delivered exclusively online by Sheffield University's careers adviser team. The course breakdown is as follows:
- Week 1 - Preparing to Apply
- Week2 - CV's and covering letters
- Week 3 - Application forms and personal statements
This week's top opportunity!
Opportunity: Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Employer: University Of Leicester Nursery
Location: LE1 7RJ
Closing date: 20th March 2021
Weekly wage: £145.25
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and oral skills
- IT skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A positive outlook
- Confidence to engage with parents/peers
- An interest in childcare and education
Prefer GCSE or equivalent in English but not essential.
Possibility of extending your contract once qualified to become a permanent member of the team.
Production Operative – Goods In & Despatch Apprenticeship
Cressall Resistors Ltd
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2021
Weekly Wage: £228.00
The primary tasks of the role will include the loading and unloading and unpacking of all goods, and subsequent distribution of these goods to various internal departments - with responsibility of the packing and preparation of all finished goods for despatch being an important element of the role.
- Communication skills
- Hard working
- Work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good standard of maths and English
Wilkinsons - Leicester
Customer Service Assistant Level 1
Temporary - Part Time - Fully flexible, 5 days out of 7
Your role as Customer Service Assistant will be all about making sure every customer receives the very best service, every time, at the till or out on the shop floor. Thanks to your warm friendly manner, helpful approach and great product knowledge, customers will keep coming back to us every time they need to tick those to-dos off their list. Taking huge pride in what you do, you’ll make sure that the shop floor looks shipshape, and all of the stock is in the right place and of course, looks its best.
Naturally, we don’t expect you to know Wilko inside and out. Which is why we train and develop our Customer Service Assistants to build the knowledge, confidence and skills they need to be the best and keep our customers smiling. However, you will need a genuine enthusiasm for customer service, the motivation to learn and a real passion for helping people – no matter what they need from us
Bond Adams LLP – Legal Administrator Apprentice
Closing Date: 09th March 2021
Weekly Wage: £270.79
We are looking for a Legal Administration Apprentice to assist with the day-to-day operation of the office and provide a support service for colleagues. Some of the important duties that include: answering telephones, arranging meetings, composing electronic correspondence, undertaking admin duties for staff and managing filing systems.
- Good organisation skills and timekeeping are critical.
- Good time management
- Prioritise tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Commitment to both study and work
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Discretion (Compliance to the General Data Protection Regulations Act 2018)
- Confident with IT and computer packages
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to remain calm
- Organisational Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Active Listening Skills
- Honesty, Ambition and a Strong Work Ethic
- Positive can do attitude towards service delivery
- Understanding the importance of working in a legal practice
- Punctuality is critical
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs, including English & maths
- A-Levels or equivalent
Home Bargains – St Margarets Retail Park, LE4 0BG, Leicester
Store Team Member
Up to 20 hours per week
Pay rate: £5.93 - £9.22
Candidates will be hardworking, enjoy working in a retail store and have experience of cash handling and processing deliveries.
Successful candidates are provided with on-the-job training and gain essential transferable retail skills.
If you are honest and reliable and take pride in what you do then we would love to hear from you!
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customer service
- Experience of cash handling and working in a retail environment
- Experience of manual handling and stock replenishment
- Hardworking and reliable
- Polite and professional