Activities Coordinator with Kirklands Care
Location: Options available in Aylestone and Evington
Main Objectives of the Post:
- To provide a wide range of activities to interest and stimulate the physical and mental state and well-being of the residents.
- To understand the need of promoting the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all residents, therefore treating everyone with respect.
- To participate in enhancing the intellectual and social wellbeing of the residents to provide as far as possible, a happy and stimulating experience. Help residents to socialise within the care home.
- Encourage staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the homes activities.
- To plan on going weekly activity rotas in conjunction with the residents wishes, and encourage residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Maintain full and accurate records of activities using the relevant documents, in order to monitor, record and evaluate individual and group participation and success.
- Foster good community relations and assist in the organisation of fund raising initiatives within the home.
- To assist the Home Manager in planning the homes special events such as summer fetes, coffee mornings, etc.
- To help organise and attend any events, such as garden parties, tea dances, carol concerts, etc.
- To assist the Home Manager in actively marketing the home and promoting a positive profile within the community.
- Pay particular attention to assisting Residents who have limited mobility or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Support and develop Residents who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
- Assist in the promotion of strategies to improve stimulation.
- Escort Residents travelling to and from the Care home to activities.
- Participate in Staff and resident meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
** This list is not exhaustive. You may be required to carry out duties not listed to ensure the smooth running of the company.
Hours: Usually 10am - 4pm but negotiable
Rate of pay: is £9.10 per hour offering permanent contacts either part time or full time
To apply, email your CV to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk