Aerial Survey Operator with Bluesky
Bluesky, the UK’s leading aerial survey company, has over the last 20+ years established an enviable reputation in the mapping and geospatial sector as a result of a portfolio of sought after products and successful high-profile projects for Government and private sector clients. Our continued growth means we need to expand our team. So is Bluesky the place to develop your career?
We are building a team that is driven by success and customer satisfaction with a culture that is exciting, enjoyable, inspiring, caring and challenging, and we’re looking for innovative, like-minded people who are comfortable with challenging the norm and want to push the boundaries so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems.
Due to increasing our range of cameras and LiDAR sensors Bluesky needs expand its Airborne Operations Team with talented and passionate individuals that want to work in a highly unique environment as part of an existing dynamic team. You will be helping us with our continuing provision of world class geospatial data acquisition and processing, based from our East Midlands Airport office.
About the Role: This unique and exciting role involves working alongside our existing Airborne Operations Team operating our suite of state-of-the art aerial survey sensors in our dedicated survey aircraft. The role requires an individual with a keen desire to learn and grow their skills within an aerial survey role. The candidate should have a strong work ethic and a desire to develop a greater understanding of geospatial data. Full training is given; prior experience is advantageous, but not essential.
Responsibilities will include:
Operating airborne camera and sensing systems, including Vexcel Ultracam Eagles, Leica CityMappers and a Teledyne Galaxy and Thermal Sensor.
- Survey mission planning (flight planning)
- Liaising with Air Traffic Control and other departments for flight permissions
- Assisting with sensor installation in the aircraft as required
- Liaising with aircraft operators and ensure all permissions, visas etc. are in place before project commencement
- Liaising with sensor manufacturers about maintenance and technical questions
- Assisting the sales team with enquiries and quotes
- Monitoring weather conditions to identify appropriate weather windows for data capture
- Field testing and calibration of instruments
- Assisting with production and technical teams with processing
- Undertaking and assist with LiDAR and ground truthing
- Co-ordinating survey missions to ensure maximum efficiency
- A degree in a Geographical, Earth Sciences, Remote Sensing or GIS related discipline
- Flight operations experience is an advantage but not essential
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and communicate fully in English
- Organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical, Numeracy and well-developed Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Permanent, full-time
Package & Benefits
- Salary + company bonus scheme
- Life insurance and company pension
- Working from home options, when not flying
- Sodexo discounts, benefits and childcare voucher scheme
- Free daily HIIT, Yoga, Bootcamp and relaxation sessions
Bluesky is a growing, dynamic and friendly company with innovative ideas and a “can do” attitude. Teamwork and equality is promoted throughout the company and across departments and we welcome applicants that want to embrace and promote these Bluesky ethics.
Applications must include a CV and covering letter. Applications to email@example.com
Applications with no CV attached will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We will not accept CVs or applications from recruitment agencies unless invited.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.