Care assistants with Kirklands Care
Location: Options available in Aylestone and Evington
Main Objectives of the post:
- To work as part of a team in meeting and maintaining the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To assist in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the Home.
- To participate in the working rota’s, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as necessary, for the efficient provision of care for all residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual at all times.
- To encourage each residents within their capabilities to be as independent as possible and enable them to exercise informed choice taking into account any risk involved.
- To assist residents who need help with washing, dressing, bathing and toileting.
- Undertaking routine care of resident’s hair, teeth, and finger/toe nails.
- To assist residents with their mobility and in the use of mobility aids and personal equipment.
- To undertake domestic tasks to assist the smooth running of the Home.
- To contribute towards the development of activities for residents in which they can join in and which will enhance their quality of life.
- To act as Key-worker to a number of residents and be responsible for the care of those persons’ rooms, clothing, emotional needs etc.
- To maintain daily written reports on residents where appropriate.
- To contribute to the protection of vulnerable adults from abuse.
- To set tables and trays, serve meals and assist with feeding where a resident may need help.
- To be involved in the activities and outings with residents.
- It may be required, from time to time, to care for residents who are dying.
- To assist with the recording of fluid intake by residents as required.
- To obtain specimens of urine.
- Participate in Staff and residents meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
** This list is not exhaustive, you may be required to carry out duties not mentioned but are essential to the smooth running of all our homes.
Hours: Care assistants work on shifts which are 8am -3pm & 3pm -10pm
Rate of pay: is £9.10 per hour offering permanent contacts either part time or full time
To apply, email your CV to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk