Care & Support Worker - Wellbeing & Support Ltd
To provide care to individuals, usually within their own homes, as a part of care in the community. You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks, according to individual needs and work towards a set of outcomes agreed by the service user. These tasks will be set out clearly in a document called a Care & Support Plan that will be available for you to see each time you visit a service user/person.
Whilst undertaking any tasks within your role, it is important to remember not to take away a person’s physical or personal independence and choice.
Care & Support Worker Role, Responsibilities, Behaviours & Values:
- As a key carer you will participate in care planning, identify and help achieve individual outcomes for service users with particular focus on outcomes agreed.
- You will strive to deliver a service beyond the basic expectations of the service user care plan to add value and distinction to services provided by Atlas Care Services.
- You will monitor service user progress, outcomes achieved and provide feedback through recording systems and supervision with your team leader or supervisor.
- You will alert your Supervisor/Line Manager when you have concerns over the quality of care or where you feel the safety of the service user or staff is at risk.
- You will continuously train and develop your personal skills and knowledge to give you the continued ability to meet the needs of the service user.
- You must positively promote and represent Atlas Care Services at all times both on and off duty.
- As a carer your approach will show empathy towards service users and our customers. You should adopt a ‘if this was my relative what would my expectations be?’ approach and attitude.
- Outcomes should be realistic and achievable for the service user and as a key carer you should be their advocate for and listen to their views, wishes and needs.
- When delivering care it is a priority that equality, honesty, trust, dignity, respect, safety and privacy is promoted at all times, but ensuring that personal and professional boundaries are understood by the service user.
- Ensure that the needs, wellbeing and safety of service users are always put first and you act in the best interests of the service user at all times.
- To participate in all communication with your Supervisor/Line Manager and team in order to facilitate the sharing of information, ideas and issues impacting on the service.
- You are encouraged to make innovative suggestions for service development and new ideas that may improve service quality, encourage business growth and promote the service provided to service users and customers.
- To share feedback through supervision, meetings and communication from service users with your Supervisor/Line Manager to enable a constant review and improvement of the service provided by Atlas Care Services. You must take a proactive approach towards dealing with complaints/compliments and ensure all are reported in line with company policy.
- Through consultation with service users, customers, external professionals and your Supervisor/Line Manager, you will facilitate implementation of new service delivery methods.
During the course of your work depending upon service user individual needs you will be expected to carry out the following activities or tasks:
Washing/bathing service user’s body and hair, dressing, toileting, helping service user to eat and drink, helping with personal care and appearance, prompting service user to take their medication, meal preparation, emptying commode and changing of soiled bedding or clothing as required.
Laundry, Cleanliness of house, Generally making sure Service User is comfortable and warm
**Please note that some domestic tasks cannot be carried out due to health and safety regulations. You will be advised during your training of which tasks may constitute a risk.
Social Care & Support
Collection of pensions and prescriptions, shopping and engaging with service user and showing an interest through talking and listening
Health and Therapeutic Care
You may sometimes be asked to provide basic duties in these areas, but only with guidance and supervision of an appropriate professional.
Salary: £8.71 - £10 per hour depending on experience
Drivers preferably LE3/LE4 Leicester Area LE11/LE12 Loughborough
Various hours, zero hour contract
Please send CV’s to email@example.com