Day/Night assistants with Harley House Care Home
Location: 10-12 Elms Road, Leicester, LE2 3JE
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual).
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health and Safety, COSHH, all aspects of The Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To always be alert to resident’s physical and mental wellbeing, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update resident’s records as required.
- To respect and always maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying residents’ rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that Harley House is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming always.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance with feeding.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring Harley House is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Day Shift – 730am to 745pm
Night Shift – 730pm to 730am
Pay: £8.99 per hour
Applications: Send CV to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk