Heavy Plant Machine Operator
Location: Bakers Waste, Enderby
Pay: Annual starting salary £22,230
• Working days any 5 out of 6
• 10 hour days worked between 05.00 and 19.00 = 45 hours
• 1 hour break
• 28 days inclusive of bank holidays annual leave
Minimum age: 18
About: Passionate about the Environment and Recycling then join our team. Help us create an environmental legacy for future generations....
Bakers Waste Services Ltd are serious, passionate about recycling, waste reduction and our role in educating, encouraging our clients and the local community to consider their impact on the environment and employ best practice to make saving the planet a reality. With over 18 years’ experience we are committed to best practice and actively encourages a culture of continual improvement and innovation aiming to divert waste from landfill wherever possible. We provide a wide variety of Waste Management and Recycling Services to over 5,000 clients. We currently have three Material Recycling Facilities located across Leicestershire and Northamptonshire.
We at Bakers Waste Services Ltd have a responsibility to promote diversity in the workplace. Starting at the beginning we ensure that recruitment communications are unbiased and inclusive. All job applicants are reviewed by removing any unconscious bias and with fairness and transparency. We treat DBS applicants who have a criminal record fairly and do not discriminate automatically because of a conviction or other information revealed
Process for assessing criminal background:
Candidates invited for interview will be asked by the employer to provide a disclosure statement
Applicants must be, enthusiastic, self-motivated, capable of working within a team and demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety. The right candidate will have previous experience in a similar role.
Interviews will take place while the advert is still live. The above exciting positions are immediately available. Candidates must reside locally to one of the sites but be willing to travel to other sites if required and should preferably hold a valid CSCS or CCDO card.
To abide by, promote excellent health & safety, ensuring all approved policies & processes are followed. Report any failings as they happen.
• To load material into the processing systems
• To ensure all checks are completed on equipment before use.
• To carry out maintenance when required (if qualified)
• To ensure all required PPE is worn at all times.
• To ensure the work area is kept tidy.
• Candidates for the plant operator position should have knowledge and demonstrate experience of working on and around heavy plant and machinery.
• Have experience and a sound working knowledge of heavy plant equipment incl. 360° Excavators, loading shovels & tele handlers.
• Any other tasks required.
• Inclusion into the Company pension scheme after 12 weeks (3% company employer contribution, increasing to 4% after 1 years’ service, then 5% after 3 years)
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank/Public Holidays increasing to 29 after 1yr then to 30 after 3 yr. Service
• Discretionary Company Sick pay
• PPE and quality company uniform
• Free skip (once eligible, T&C apply)
• Bonus scheme
• Support from our onsite Workshop
Training and Development:
• Ongoing training
• Commitment of continual development of every employee during 2021 who will have 20 hours training and development as a minimum
To apply, send your CV to Mandeep.Kaur2@leicester.gov.uk