Laundry Assistant with Kirklands Care
Location: Options available in Aylestone and Evington
Main Objectives of the post:
- To be aware of the Residents and Homes needs
- To ensure that every resident enjoys clean and well-maintained laundry and that this is presented to the required standard.
- To promote the good name of the home
- To follow correct washing instructions as per garment
- To launder all residents clothes, bedclothes, towels etc.
- To manage the laundry procedures and required throughput of laundry, thereby preventing unnecessary build-up.
- To ensure that bundles of laundry are identified to load and unload into washer(s) and dryer(s)
- To ensure a regular supply of detergent and fabric conditioner.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the laundry equipment and the daily defluffing of the dryer(s), reporting any defects to the Manager, observing, carrying out checks and noting for records.
- To follow home procedure when dealing with soiled and/or infectious linen.
- To allocate clothes to their appropriate shelves and fold and store all other laundered items.
- To distribute clothes into residents rooms.
- To ensure correct clear marking of the residents’ clothes, checking daily before the marking becomes indecipherable and to enhance marking as needed.
- To ensure residents clothes remain in good repair, reporting any problems.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms and maintain residents clothing.
- To keep the laundry room and store area in a clean and hygienic condition.
- To launder curtains on a rotational basis.
- To check the contents of the cleaning tray regularly and replenish as necessary.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required
- To report any damage to clothing due to incorrect temperature setting or drying
- To follow the Companies policies and procedures i.e. COSHH and Health and Safety
- Participate in Staff and residents meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
** This list is not exhaustive; you may be required to carry out duties not mentioned but are essential to the smooth running of all our homes.
Hours: Either 8am – 3pm or 9am -3pm
Rate of pay: is £9.10 per hour offering permanent contacts either part time or full time
To apply, email your CV to Alpa.Chauhan@leicester.gov.uk