Member Services and Allocations Co-ordinator with FareShare Midlands
Salary: £19,000 pa 37.5 hours / week
Base: FareShare Midlands operates from various sites. You will be flexible regarding location, but will be allocated a main contractual base at either FareShare Midlands Nottingham, Nechells or South Wigston
FareShare Midlands are a local charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to local charities and community groups who provide meals and food parcels to vulnerable people, including individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, school breakfast clubs, community centres and those recovering from addictions. We work with investors and stakeholders from varying sectors not least over 500 companies in the food industry and FareShare UK.
Summary of Role Purpose
You will work towards, and achieve, best-in-class warehouse & food co-ordination as part of the warehouse and operations team in Fareshare Midlands. As a team you will ensure that food is allocated in a safe, timely and accurate way to optimise the service provided from your depot to our community.
The Member Service and Allocations Coordinator will provide efficient, focussed and professional customer service and administration support for FareShare Midlands. In addition, this role will be a key member of the regional centre team working closely with the Regional Ops Manager, other departments such as operations, development, fundraising and marketing in order to raise the charities profile and attract support.
This role will suit someone who has a passion for our values and supports our vision. Someone who wants to make a real difference and work for one of the most progressive and ambitious charities in the UK.
- Contacting and liaising with members as appropriate in relation to food orders and processing using online stock system
- Ensuring all order allocations are completed accurately and timely, working with the Regional Ops manager and team leader to ensure sufficient trained resource is available to complete allocation
- Adjusting existing membership - weights / frequency / day changes / fulfilments. To do this you will:
- Monitor Enquiries Inbox for membership change emails
- Liaise with member and discuss cost incurred / saved (ensure members have the budget to pay)
- Understand how memberships and charging structures work
- Liaise with Operations team on scheduling / capacity
- Update pipeline, calendar & schedule
- Update Gladys with information and fee
- Confirm with member via email about any changes made
- Manage delivery schedules to ensure our members receive the food they need when they need it, aligning this with the resources available in the operations team
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries effectively and with high standards of customer service
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with members, team-mates and volunteers in particular with the Regional Ops Manager who will be a direct lead for day to day support and guidance
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as stipulated by your line manager.
- To work in accordance with our Customer Services Charter and to communicate this to relevant parties
- Help deliver excellent customer service to our groups & Holiday programmes within the Midlands, ensuring that we work closely with funders and groups to deliver good quality food to all our projects
Able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in the work of FareShare
Strong leadership skills – the right person will be asked to step-up in the absence of the Regional Ops Manager to work with the warehouse & development teams
Excellent team player willing to work across multiple departments – to be able to be diverse and demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of team working
Strong planning and organising skills
Good level of Maths and competence in IT, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
Good communication skills, including a good telephone manner, with experience of customer / member service support would be an advantage
Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively, with flexible working including weekends when required
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24th June 2021, 12:00 noon/midday
Interviews: 30th June 2021