Casual Support Worker with Nexus Fostering
£15 per hour (£10.70 travel time and report writing. 45p mileage)
Covering Leicester & Surrounding Areas
Join an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency and discover the benefits of working flexible shifts to suit you, whilst helping to transform the lives of children and young people.
Nexus Fostering is looking for Support Workers to work on a casual basis, to help support children and young people in the Nexus 360 Foster Placement. Nexus 360 is a specialist service designed to meet the needs of children/young people who have experienced neglect, trauma and rejection.
As a Support Worker you will be providing one to one support to the children/young people within the community, such as leisure activities or at school.
This post is for a competent worker to engage in direct, focussed work with children – to build positive relationships with the child, to model acceptable behaviour and help the child to trust and feel safe with adults.
- Working closely with the Supervising Social Worker to support the foster carers and foster placement.
- Undertake direct work with the child as directed by the therapeutic team – such as targeted skills coaching with behavioural issues, promoting hobbies, addressing self-harmful behaviour.
- To deliver programmes of work which contribute to ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met, as identified in their therapeutic Care Plans and statutory LAC documents.
- Establish objectives, plan and deliver support services which promote longevity and stability in placements.
- Provide one to one support to young people on the programme within the community in a recreational context to promote and practice pro-social behaviour and problem solving skills.
- Communicate a positive regard for the young person to build and sustain a sound relationship with them.
- To identify the young person’s strengths and individual interests.
- To enable and support the young people to participate in recreational and leisure activities.
- To promote safety and assess risks associated with the young person’s behaviours and activities in the community, under the direction of the Supervising Social Worker / Project Manager.
- To encourage the young person’s engagement with their care plan and goals.
- Write a short report after each session with the young person.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
- To undertake practical tasks relating to the support of the placements.
- To work flexible hours including non-office hours to support young people outside of school hours and weekends.
- To observe and provide information to the therapeutic team about the social functioning and skill development of the young people in community settings.
- To attend therapeutic team meetings as required.
- To promote people’s equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities.
- To work with the therapeutic team to promote development of service and links to other agencies.
- Experience working with children with complex emotional needs.
- Must hold a clean, valid UK driving licence and have access to a car and include business insurance.
- Must be able to work after school and weekends and be willing to travel.
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com