Steel Fabricator/Welder with Ace Leicester Ltd
Location: Croft - Leicestershire LE9 3GQ
ACE Leicester is the trading name of ACE Construction Enterprises (Leicester) Limited. Based in Croft in Leicester, we are ideally situated near both the M1 and M69 junctions making easy access to and from our facility.
We offer a complete service from design through to installation in the structural steel, sundry and architectural metalwork industries. We undertake site surveys using laser survey equipment and our drawing office utilises the very latest 3D structural and 2D AutoCAD facilities.
Job Description: We now have an opportunity for an experienced Steel Fabricator who must have experience in structural steel work and architectural metal work. We fabricate structural steelwork & architectural metalwork. So, steel building frames, stairs, balustrade, canopies etc… are the typical jobs taken on for major building contracts on a nationwide basis.
The successful applicant would also have the opportunity to work on site, installing the steelwork, if desired, & would need a CSCS card to be able to access site. If no CSCS card is held then the NVQ 2 qualification would enable us to obtain a CSCS card.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SHEET METALWORK VACANCY.
- Must be experienced with MIG, 6mm multi run fillets are common.
- Applicants should be experienced and be able to work independently and must be able to read engineering drawings and have previous experience in steel fabrication to tight tolerances.
- NVQ 2 in welding or any relevant welding qualifications (preferable).
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on any challenge - Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently - Good Communication skills - Strong and reliable work ethic with a sense of humour.
- CSCS card would be an advantage but not essential.
Working Hours: Official hours – 7.30am to 4.00pm But operatives can start from 6.00am until 4.00pm.
Wage: Dependant on age & experience. Rate will be between £11.00 / hr to £14.00 / hr depending on experience.
To apply please email email@example.com with a sentence on why you are suitable for this post.