Supervising Social Worker
Employer: Nexus Fostering
Salary: £29,000 - £34,000 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
Who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supervising Social Worker to join our Leicestershire team.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to work closely with foster carers, children and professionals, to ensure that all children/young people’s outcomes are improving in placements.
As a Supervising Social Worker you will provide a high level of supervision and support to foster carers, as well as the children/young people with complex needs placed with them.
You will be responsible for the recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers (Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel. You will also be required to undertake independent visits, building positive and trusting relationships.
The successful candidate will need to be able to confidently provide training and support to foster carers and operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
You will be responsible for ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met within placements by undertaking necessary placement management, planning and intervention for both emergency and planned referrals.
For this role, willingness to travel and use of a car is essential as the successful applicant will be required to support foster carers and visit placements across the Leicestershire area.
What we’re looking for…
• Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree and current SWE registration
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a vehicle
• Are willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
• Experience of working to targets and performance indicators
• Have experience in children’s services and foster care delivery
• Willing to participate in an out of hours telephone support system and undertake occasional out of hours/weekend work by attending events, meetings and training
• Share a commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices and to improving the lives of Looked After Children.
Why work for us?
• Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
• Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
• Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
• Auto Enrolment Pension
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
• Eyecare Vouchers
To apply or find out more information regarding this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.