Trainee Tyre Technician
T&N Tyre Supplies
58 Cannock Street, Leicester LE4 9HR
Join a Leading Independent Manufacturer of Retread Commercial Truck Tyres in Leicester.
This is an opportunity to work in a sustainable manufacturing business that helps to achieve climate change targets. We are passionate about the environmental benefits that retread tyres afford the UK
- Using retreaded truck & bus tyres delivers three times the resource efficiency and consumes four times fewer tyres than using low-cost single-life tyres.
- Each time a truck & bus tyre is retreaded 30kg of rubber, up to 20kg of steel and 60 kg of CO2are saved.
We are going through a significant growth phase, so this is an exciting time to join our established team. Our purpose-built manufacturing facility in the heart of Leicestershire provides an excellent working environment with substantial investment in technology.
What we’re looking for:
Becoming a Tyre Technician will place you in a group of skilled technicians where there is currently a shortage. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have an interest/passion for manufacturing and would like to achieve the specific skill sets required to become a Tyre Technician. Working directly with an experienced team you will be taken through a comprehensive Induction and Training process with regular assessment and feedback. At the end of this period you will work alongside experienced team members to gain practical experience moving from a Junior role into the Tyre Technician role where you will responsible for assembly and build of retread tyres where commercial truck tyres are rebuilt through a series of manual and automated processes.
What you’ll learn and eventually do is all aspects of:
- Inspecting and buffing tyre casings for re-treading
- Applying rubber compounds to re-tread the tyre
- Curing re-treaded tyres
- Quality control of finished products
What you’ll bring:
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to follow all health and safety procedures
- A desire to working as part of a team
- An interest in mechanics / production techniques
- A willingness to operate with a high level of attention to detail
- A desire to work in a manufacturing environment
What you’ll get:
- Competitive rates of pay- with reviews at 3 months.
- Hours – 5 days a week between 6.30am -8.30am start and 3.30- 5.30pm finish.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holiday)
- Excellent supportive working environment.
How to apply:
Send a CV or a covering letter outlining your experience and reasons for applying to Mahendra.email@example.com