Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA)
Are you looking for an apprenticeship opportunity to earn as you learn?
Would you like to study for a degree paid for by your employer?
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis?
Are you looking for a competitive salary with opportunities to progress and to develop your personal and professional experiences?
Do you want no two working days to be the same?
Do you want to work for a well-established organisation at the heart of regional decision making and keeping our communities safe?
If so come and explore the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) further at the Leicestershire PCDA Careers Seminar from 10am - 12pm on February 5th at City Hall, find out more below.
Overview of the PCDA
- The PCDA is a structured three year degree apprenticeship.
- Delivered by the Force in partnership with the University of Derby (Derby Police) or De Montfort University (Leic's Police).
- Individuals will be paid in the role of PC, whilst attaining a degree in Professional Policing Practice & the force will fully fund the degree.
- Successfully completing the PCDA will result in the award of a BA degree in professional policing practice.
- 3 Year probation.
- Salary (No previous experience ) £18,450 year 1 , year 2 £24,177, year 3 pay point £25,263 depending on satisfactory performance. Progression will then be by annual increments.
- Salary - IP Special or PSCO for 18 months or more will start on paypoint 1. Progression will then be by annual increments.
Register your interest for this event
To register your interest, please complete the form below to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria.
Leicestershire Police Service is committed to delivering the best possible service to the people who live, work in and visit Leicestershire. We can only achieve this by ensuring our workforce is representative of the many great diverse communities in Leicester Leicestershire and Rutland. We particularly want to attract candidates from all underrepresented groups to ensure our workforce reflects the communities it serves.