Environmental volunteering Opportunity at Everards Meadows
Are you looking to gain work experience in environmental work? Do you like working in the outdoors?
The Leicester Employment Hub and The Ex Offender Hub have some exciting work experience opportunities at Everards Meadows (close to Fosse Park).
• The opportunity will involve planting and seeding at Everards Meadows
• The individual will need wet weather gear/some wellies
• Prompt starts at 7:30am to 4pm (subject to weather conditions)
• Starts 7:30am to 4pm (subject to weather conditions)
• (If we get a high number of volunteers, the day may be split into two working patterns)
• Placements will last for 3 weeks starting 18 Jan 2021 (if volunteers are interested in a shorter period, please advise so this can be discussed)
• Someone with an interest in landscaping would be ideal
• A reference from the employer will be provided on successful completion of the placement
Covid measures - staggered breaks between two teams on site, social distancing maintained and hand sanitizer is readily available.
Please send in a CV and prepare a short written statement with details on why you would like to be taken on as a volunteer asap.
Please email as appropriate:
Mandeep Kaur: Mandeep.Kaur2@leicester.gov.uk at the Ex Offender Hub
Shelley Drew: Shelley.Drew@leicester.gov.uk at the Leicester Employment Hub