Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise, and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We are passionate about changing lives. We never give up.
Criminal Record Support Service
Nacro’s Criminal Record Support Service (CRSS) operates in England and Wales and seeks to remove the barriers that prevent people with criminal records (and those who have been subject to allegations) from moving forward with their lives in positive and constructive ways by providing:
- Free online advice and guidance about accessing employment, housing and local resettlement services
- Advocacy support to people who have been treated unfairly because of their criminal record or because of allegations made against them
- Support with disclosing criminal records when applying for work.
The service operates 9am-3pm Mon-Thurs, 1pm- 5pm Fri* and can be contacted in confidence and free of charge on 0300 123 1999 or via email: email@example.com
*Temporary operating hours until March 31 2021. Normal operating hours 9am – 5pm Mon – Thurs, 1pm – 5pm Fri.
Who we help
- Prisoners and people with criminal records
- Practitioners who work with people with offending histories