Supporting SMEs to employ ex-offenders
On October 30th we are running an event to support SMEs in recruiting ex-offenders.
Find out more by clicking the link below.
Sponsor our 2020 Apprenticeship graduation ceremony
If you are a local business, this is a great event to sponsor
• Align your organisation with the city’s drive for a highly qualified, diverse and inclusive workforce
• Raise brand awareness amongst a pool of talented and keen individuals
• Networking opportunities around apprenticeships and early careers
• Showcase your own apprentices in the heart of this celebration.
Call us on 0116 4542952 to find out more, or click the link below.
The Leicester Employment Hub is here to support your recruitment needs
Three simple steps:
- Complete the contact form below – we’ll then get in touch to discuss your requirements and business needs
- One of our impartial advisers can visit your organisation for an assessment
- We’ll support you with recruitment, training needs and accessing grants.
'I was very happy working with Leicester Employment Hub in terms of their communication and solution finding, which has assisted me in upskilling, my staff in a quick timeframe.'
Jennifer Collighan, Clovelly House School
Many employers are not aware of the benefits of hiring ex-offenders, find out more about the support on offer to businesses by clicking the link below.
'The Employment Hub take the pressure off sourcing apprenticeships and their communication was excellent in keeping me up to date with the application process'
Bodyworx Gym, Melton.
Apprenticeship toolkit for employers
We have worked in partnership with the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership to provide an apprenticeship toolkit for employers across our region. Drawn from consultation with businesses and providers this toolkit gives guidance at a national and local level, for every business size and at every level of apprenticeship offering.
Thousands of businesses are accessing apprenticeships to help growth, sustainability and productivity. Whether you are recruiting new talent into your business or developing existing staff this toolkit is here to give you all the information you need to know. View the toolkit by clicking the link below.
Become a Disability Confident Employer
Nearly 7 million people of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition. Encouraging applications from disabled people is good for business. It can help you to:
- Increase the number of high quality applicants available
- Create a workforce that reflects the diverse range of customers it serves and the community in which it is based
- Bring additional skills to the business which could result in large savings
Find out more by clicking the link below.
Employers in the Motor Vehicle sector - Help to train new skilled technicians for your business
Our free tailored support:
- Saves you valuable time and expense
- Reduces red tape
- Helps you hire and train staff for any type of role within your business
How can the Leicester Employment Hub help your business?
We work with your business as a ‘critical friend’ to help you access local skills and talent vital for any future growth.
Through our network of partners we guide you through the ‘red tape’ often associated with training schemes, and get you to where you want to be.
We offer support and advice around the recruitment of:
- Work experience
- Work placements.
Our impartial offer includes expert advice on any government or council funding available, and will help you make informed recruitment decisions.
Leicester Jobs Fund employer grants of £3,500
Our Leicester Jobs Fund grant is designed to support you to create new apprenticeships and work placements
Find out about our Constructing Leicester scheme including access to grants and more.
Click the link below to find out more.
Harborough business grant
Businesses in the Harborough district are being encouraged to apply for funding to help them take on apprentices.
Grants of up to £750 are being made available by Harborough District Council.
#TheRealDeal for Employers
Find out how to use the new Higher Apprenticeship training standards to develop your middle/senior management team and claim a support grant of £3,500.
Recruitment agency case study
We recently supported a local recruitment agency to take on an ex-offender, find out more by clicking the link below.