Apply for Apprenticeship levy Transfer Funding from Leicester City Council
We can support employers in the city to take on new apprentices and develop the skills of existing employees. We can do this by transferring a percentage of Leicester City Council's apprenticeship levy funds.
Who can apply for funding?
To apply for levy transfer funds you must be the following:
• A business or organisation based in Leicester
• Delivering a service in the Health and Social Care Sector
• Registered on the apprenticeship service account - contact us for help to register
• Meet the requirements set out in the apprenticeship funding rules on GOV.UK
What is the process?
You can apply to fund the learning for existing staff or new apprentices. You can apply for levy transfer funding before recruiting your apprentice, however, we will not transfer the funds until the start of the apprenticeship programme.
You can apply for funds even if you are a levy payer who needs additional funds to support an apprenticeship programme.
Please note: Any funds awarded can only be used for apprenticeship programmes
• Research the appropriate apprenticeship standard and associated cost. You can find details at www.gov.uk/guidance/search-for-apprenticeship-standards
• Consider how you will meet the 20% off the job requirement of all apprenticeships. Further details are available at www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeships-off-the-job-training
• Determine how many apprenticeships you would like to offer
• Source a reputable training provider who is willing to offer the apprenticeship
• Consider every application on merit and in accordance with the Employment, Skills and Funding agency (ESFA) requirements.
• Contact you within 2 weeks of submitting to let you know the outcome of your application.
• Upon successful application, transfer funds, on a monthly basis via the Apprenticeship service account for the full duration of the programme.
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com
What you'll need to apply
To apply, you'll need to complete the application form by clicking the link below and include:
• the name, level and duration of the apprenticeship course
• the cost of training and assessing your apprentice
• details of the training provider
• an idea of long-term plans for your apprentice once they finish their apprenticeship