Are you looking to recruit staff in Leicester? Would your organisation like to be more diverse?
The Supported Employment team in Leicester can help you recruit motivated, skilled staff to suit your company. We work with adults over 18 years, with a range of skills and abilities.
We focus on supporting people with autism, learning disabilities or both into paid employment.
Support is available to help your organisation become more diverse and disability confident, including a £1000 employer grant.
For more information contact us using the link below.
We'll provide support to you and your new employee
We aim to:
- advise on the funding available to your organisation
- give advice on reasonable adjustments, disability issues and financial grants.
- match a person to the requirements of the job
- offer settling-in support to the employer and the employee.
Access to work
Access to Work can support you to:
* hire disabled people with the skills you need
* retain an employee who develops a disability or long term condition (keeping their valuable skills and saving both time and money recruiting a replacement)
* show that you value and will support your employees by having good employment policies and practices
ACAS provides clear advice on how to support disabled people at work, including:
* Talking about disability at work
* How an employer should support disabled people
* Managing a disability that gets worse over time
* Disability-related absence
* Capability and performance when someone is disabled
Become Disability Confident
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
The scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people, and:
* draw from the widest possible pool of talent
* secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
* improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
Employing people with a learning disability
With the right support, and if placed in a suitable role, people with a learning disability can perform exceptionally well.
Many people with a learning disability are fit to work, can do a job well, and can be just as productive at work as anyone else.
People with a learning disability can also be loyal and dedicated employees, reducing your staff turnover - and having them on the team can help to improve staff morale.
Find advice, information and support around all things relating to autism.visit the Autism Space web page
Supported Employment is funded by Leicester City Council and a grant from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).