Our support for schools
We can support students in years 11, 12 and 13 with information and advice on apprenticeships.
If you would like us to come to your school to deliver a 20 - 40 minute information session please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for more support services for schools.
LIASE are a collaborative group made up from all seven post-16 providers in Leicester, a representative of Leicester’s secondary schools CEIAG group and Connexions Leicester City.
The group works to provide impartial advice and guidance to students in Leicester and Leicestershire, and provide a point of contact when requesting input from post 16 providers for year 10 and 11 students in schools.
Benefits of LIAISE
- To support you in meeting the terms of the Baker clause which came into force on 2nd January 2018 and states,
- “Schools must have clear arrangements in place to ensure that all pupils have opportunities to hear from providers of post-14, post-16 and post-18 options at, and leading up to, important transition points.”
- We offer a broad spectrum of provision, progression, support and advice to suit all students needs and goals from entry level to level 3 vocational and academic subjects, GCSE resits and apprenticeships
- Sharing best practice and knowledge
- Impartial advice for staff and students
- A link to the TFL Board
How LIAISE can support you
- Attend careers and options events for parents/carers and students, (you can request a representative of LIAISE, or you can ask LIASE to coordinate the attendance of all providers at your event)
- Attend staff INSET days and/or disaggregated sessions for teachers of year 11 students to discuss the range of post-16 options and the new technical qualifications
- Speak in year 10 and 11 assemblies about post-16 options
- Visit during tutorial or equivalent time to discuss post-16 options; UCAS Progress applications; preparing for interviews; and student financial support
- Visit schools to offer specific workshops around apprenticeships
- Forward information relating to specific events and opportunities that may benefit your students
How to get in touch with LIAISE
Contact Yasmin Laher, Liaise Partnership Administrator and Events Coordinator on 0116 257 5185 or email@example.com
- Gateway Sixth Form College
- Leicester College
- English Martyrs
- New College
- St Paul’s
- The City of Leicester College
Alderman Newton’s Educational Foundation
Alderman Newton’s Educational Foundation offers grants to any state funded school within the City of Leicester, or any Church of England School in the Diocese of Leicester. Grants can be awarded for projects of any kind that would not normally be provided as part of state education.
Applicants should bear in mind that the Trustees are required by charity law not to fund equipment or costs that would normally be met from the school budget set by the local education authority or Department for Education.
Find out more by clicking the link below.